Termination of tenancy agreement
When you want to terminate your tenancy agreement, this must be done in writing.
You can cancel your tenancy agreement electronically using bank codes here, or you can print out a notice of tenancy agreement termination here. Complete and send the paper notice of termination by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to A-Kruunu Oy, vuokraus, Arabiankatu 12, 00560 Helsinki.
If your tenancy agreement has been made for two people, both people must submit their own electronic notification of tenancy agreement termination or sign one joint notice of termination form.
Termination by the other party
If the tenancy agreement is terminated by one party only and the other party is to remain living in the apartment, the person staying in the apartment must also make an electronic termination and thus confirm that the entire tenancy agreement with its obligations is to be transferred into their name. Both parties must enter in the additional information field of the notice of termination that one party is staying in the apartment and only the other is moving out.
Once the electronic termination from both parties has been filed, A-Kruunu processes the terminations in such a way that that only the tenancy agreement of the other resident is terminated in accordance with the Act on Residential Leases. Notice of termination by both people must be obtained so that it can be confirmed that the person remaining in the apartment is aware of the other person’s termination of their part of the tenancy agreement. After this, the tenancy agreement will continue in the name of the person who stays in the apartment.
In A-Kruunu housing, the period of notice is one full calendar month, in accordance with the act on room rental. The period of notice shall be calculated from the last day of the calendar month in which the tenancy agreement was terminated and the notice of termination has delivered to the landlord in writing. This means that the tenancy will always be terminated at the end of the full month following the notice of termination.
Please give your notice of termination as early as possible, preferably before the notice period begins. This will help us in the process of continuing the rental of the property. Please note that once we have found a new tenant candidate, the resident moving out of the apartment will normally give a showing of the apartment to the new candidate. We will ask for your consent to this in advance.
After you have moved out, the house is inspected. If the residence is in order, the final water bill and other bills have been paid and all keys received have been returned, the deposit will be returned to you during the following few weeks and no later than one month after you move out.
Read about what to do if a tenant has died.
Read also the FAQ for residents who are moving out
What should I do in the case of death?
Termination of tenancy agreement (estate)
1. The estate must submit a written notice of termination. Use this form when the tenant or tenants of the apartment have died. The notice of termination requires the signature or power of attorney of all representatives of the estate.
2. In addition to the notice of termination, an extract/certificate from the Population Information System on the deceased person and a power of attorney of the other shareholders of the estate need to be submitted. Send a paper notice form with attachments scanned by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail to A-Kruunu Oy, vuokraus, Arabiankatu 12, 00560 Helsinki.
3. The period of notice is one calendar month. The period of notice is calculated from the last day of the calendar month during which the lessor has received the notice of termination.
4. The lessor will inspect the apartment during the period of notice to determine the need for renovation. If the representatives of the estate cannot be reached, a master key will be used to conduct the inspection.
5. If the move-out date is before the date of termination of the tenancy agreement, the lessor may, after the move-out date, start the necessary repairs in the apartment during the period of notice. (Please also note that rental compensation will not be paid even if moving out of the apartment takes place before the end of the period of notice)
6. The lessor carries out a final inspection of the apartment after the move-out date indicated in the notice of termination.
7. The lessor will dispose of any goods remaining in the apartment or storage after the termination of the tenancy agreement. The lessor will charge the actual costs of the disposal.
8. The deposit be refunded within approximately one month of the termination of the tenancy agreement, if the rent has been paid, the keys have been returned, the apartment is in good condition and the apartment has been cleaned in accordance with the instructions.
Transfer of lease (estate)
In the event of death, the lease can only be transferred to a spouse who already lives in the apartment, a child belonging to the family or the parents of one of the spouses. The person wishing to continue the lease must notify the lessor in writing that they wish to continue the lease within three months of the tenant's death. Once the notification has been submitted, the liability of the estate for meeting the rental conditions will cease and the responsibility will be transferred to the person submitting the notification of the continuation of the lease.
A contracting party staying in the apartment must submit an extract/certificate from the Population Information System on the deceased person by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org